Learn Mandarin 1 is designed as a textbook at the beginner level. It may be used as a self-learning material too. Over 200 words and expressions are introduced in eight lessons to provide learners with common, useful vocabulary for daily communication. As an excellent resource on basic Chinese, it is suitable for non-native speakers, especially university students, as well as adult learners.
• Introductory lessons on Hanyu Pinyin (Chinese phonetics) and Chinese characters provide basic, useful knowledge of the language.
• Main lessons cover everyday topics such as greetings, social expressions, introducing oneself and family members, telling dates and time, and food and drinks.
• Succinct notes on Chinese grammar make accessible the complexities of the language.
• Supplementary tips draw connections with other forms of language usage.
• Cultural notes offer interesting insights into Chinese customs, traditions and way of life.
• Oral and written exercises such as role-play, daily conversations and simple grammar practices reinforce learning.
• Rich appendices support students with varying learning needs - Hanyu Pinyin chart, local food, useful phrases and expressions, etc.
Published by: Cengage Learning Asia Pte Ltd
210 x 297mm
No. of Pages: