Step Up with Chinese is an innovative, standards-based Chinese textbook series designed for high school students with little or no Chinese background. Highly learner-friendly and task-centered, Step Up develops all four language skills while incorporating the principles of ACTFL Five C’s – Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities. Students will learn all the necessary material to engage others in meaningful communication and gain a better understanding of the Chinese culture.
This three-volume series covers three years of instruction at the secondary school level. Each volume includes a Textbook and a Workbook. Each textbook offers ten themed lessons that are structured around key communicative goals. It features a clear, step-by-step approach to help students progress from small steps towards larger communicative goals. The accompanying Workbook features a wide variety of activities to give students plenty of practice on all the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. The program’s companion website offers a Pinyin pronunciation guide, interactive vocabulary flashcards, free mp3 audio downloads, additional practice exercises and password protected instructors’ resources.
- Includes topics relevant to secondary students' everyday experience
- Breaks down lesson into manageable chunks to help students progress from "bite-size" stages to more lengthy and complex tasks
- Spiraling design helps students build upon existing knowledge and facilitates the gradual mastery of skills
- Offers a variety of communicative classroom activities to help students achieve target language goals
- Interweaves Chinese cultural information into the texts, visuals and activities
- Encourages students to use the target language to talk about their own lives
- Reinforces language learning by making connections to other content areas
Published by: Cengage Learning Asia Pte Ltd
220mm x 284mm
No. of Pages: